Raisin is the dried fruit of the grape, which is dehydrated in different ways according to the types of grapes, and some permitted additives are used, too. It is a healthy food, so it is a suitable alternative for sugar, also significantly used in sweets, cakes and other sweet products.
Iran has a 2000-year history of raisin production of Azerbaijan, Malayer and Qazvin and is one of the top raisin exporter in the world. Due to the quality of Iranian raisins, 70 countries from Europe and Asia are customers of this product.
Raisins are the third largest non-oil export product of Iran after carpets and pistachios.
Raisins are divided to sundry ,sultana ,golden kashmari.
Raisins are rich in iron, potassium, calcium and vitamins. It also has antioxidant properties.
Eating a few raisins per day improves memory and lowers blood pressure due to high fiber.
100 gr- Raisins
Energy: 99 Cal
Fiber : 5
There are different types of raisin depending on the type of grape, the way it is dried and the area where the grapes grow:
- Sultana raisin: This type of raisin is round and seedless. After sulfuring, it is dried in the direct sunlight.
- Kashmari raisin: This type of raisin is long and has seed and is produced in Kashmar. It is available in two colors, green and gold, and sulfate is used to change the green to golden color of the raisin.
- Thompson raisin: This raisin is round and seedless and is dried in direct sunlight without being impregnated with additives and its color is dark brown.
- Malayer raisin: This raisin is like Sultana raisin. The only difference is its light color.
- Golden raisin: These raisin is round and seedless and after being impregnated with sulfur, it is dried in the shade to evaporate and change color.
Harvesting time and place
Due to its four different seasons, Iran is very suitable for planting and producing a variety of products, including grapes. Grape growing regions are the cities of Azerbaijan, Kashmar, and Qazvin among others, which produce the highest quality grapes that lead to the highest quality grapes. The best time for raisin is from mid-July to the end of September, when raisins have the favorite sweetness.
The raisins should be stored in a cold, dry and dark place and their shelf life is two years. It can be stored at room temperature for up to six months, in closed containers and in the refrigerator for up to one year. Avoid storing raisin in a humid place because mold can grow.
Dryness or firmness of the raisins is not a sign of spoilage. Avoid eating raisin if there is any change in taste, smell or color.
Raisins are packed in cartons weighing 5 and 10 kg.
It can also be packed in cartons with customer design and brand
The cartons are controlled by the Metal Detector after shrinkage
Nearly 2050 cartons can be loaded in a 20-foot container.
Shipping and Delivery
Crystal Company, with its professional background in the field of dried fruit export, can take all necessary measures for export, transportation and shipping of the product worldwide.
For this company, it is possible to prepare a shipping contract in the form of FOB or CFR form, depending on the customer’s needs.